The goal of the project
The goal of the Full STEAM Ahead! project is to improve STEM skills of students and teachers in II. Elementary School Varaždin by introducing a STEAM framework in all levels of the educational program.
The project results will include the following:
- Improving infrastructure and equipment in classrooms (4 classrooms for 4 new and upgraded educational programs related to STEAM will be equipped and transformed – game design classroom, robotics classroom, 3D printing classroom, and astronomy observatory classroom).
- Improving STEAM competencies of teachers in the use of modern teaching methods, ICT, entrepreneurship, and active citizenship in their daily teaching (6 specialized workshops for teachers related to modern teaching methods, use of ICT in education, e-learning planning, STEM, gamification, artificial intelligence, and conversational agents will be organized by consortium partners).
- Improving STEAM competencies of students by introducing advanced technology and modern teaching methods (teachers of the school will organize at least 9 gamified workshops at all levels of education with specially developed cognitive agents and augmented reality systems for various subjects related to STEM areas).
- Empowering students with special educational needs by developing new and improved curricula (during the project, 4 extracurricular educational programs will be piloted with specially developed learning materials for potentially gifted or students with special educational needs. Teachers developing these programs will be mentored by partner experts in relevant areas. These programs will become a part of the school curriculum by the end of the project).
- Teaching students entrepreneurship by organizing classrooms as service providers (new game design classroom will provide teachers with services of implementing educational games, new 3D printing classroom will provide teachers with service of creating didactic aids).
- Teaching students active citizenship by facilitating participation in subject events (one workshop for students will be exclusively related to the field of active citizenship).
- Creating long-term effects by educating teachers as trainers and organizing appropriate trainer training (at least two teachers will undergo training for trainers in the gamification of education and planning the introduction of e-learning).